Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 8- a lack of continuity

No two days are ever the same.
I can have two 24 hour periods of time where everything is the same. I eat the same foods at the same times both days. Do the same physical activity the same way both days, dose the exact same amount of insulin for all of this and NEVER have the same blood glucose levels for those 2 24 hour time spans.
 Diabetes is the most unpredictable uncontrollable disease with all the tools to help us do just that.
 Some of us use insulin pumps, CGM systems, meal diaries, meal plans, supplements, MDI (multiple daily injections) via syringe and vial or pre-filled pens, specialized diets that exclude gluten, others that are vegan, and still so many other tools are used. I know some people who go for organic foods with no extra hormones, foods made from scratch at home with alternatives to popular ingredients because those strategies work best for their families.

No one plan fits us all, because we are ALL different and there are so many factors that we can't control.
 Our hormones are always changing, if you're a woman with Type 1, your menstrual cycle can affect your bloodsugar control. EVERYTHING can have a role in altering your BG levels.
So while I may make two days be identical in every controllable way, there are still variables I can't control that impact my bloodsugar. I do my best, and some days are better than others, but the fight never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment