Pages

Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 10- when bad days are made worse by raging blood sugars

Some days suck. It's life. Things go wrong, people get fevers, have grumpy moods, or all the little things irritate you.
One those really crappy days that start out rough from the moment I wake up, my bloodsugars play into the cycle of crappy moments. I get irritable when they get too high and then all the mild irritations seem way worse. Then I get more ticked and they get higher. I take more insulin and it makes me feel worse emotionally because I know it means that is just one more thing making it hard to lose weight.
Sometimes I just let go, eat what I want, rage bolus like a madwoman, and pray tomorrow is a better day. That can help by reducing my stress levels, which helps the BGs return to a normal range. Other days I get pissy and work harder to get them in range, take less insulin and go without eating and exercise more.
Today is a bad BG day, an emotionally crappy day, and physically I feel like hell because of both those factors on top of dental issues.
I haven't decided on how I will fight the highs- but I will fight because a slow death from organ and tissue damage is not what I want, no matter how bad of a day I can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment