Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Day 23- "What I'm thankful for....

ain't on no list
For it only in my heart exists
For time has helped me understand
The things I can't hold in my hand"

Those words are the title and first few lines to a song released last year on Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood's Christmas album. I love that song and feel deeply in my soul how true those lyrics are for me.
In addition to that song and all its deep meaning, there ARE things I am thankful about and for and they are on this list:
 -God, my faith, and His grace
 - My family- trite and I don't care. From those who raised me and loved me as I grew to those who love me now and whom I watch grow.
 - My husband- that man has dealt with so much with me and my ill health, and my personality. He knows me, loves me, and thinks he is the lucky one when I know darned well I had Him guiding us together.
 -Medical technology and very specifically those who made the Dexcom CGM and Omni pods possible.
 - Dr Frederick Banting. Without him and his colleagues in the field, I would have died in my teens.
 - Every opportunity God has seen fit to offer me to practice patience, understanding, and love - when all I want to do is throw a fit and ignore the situations; and especially that He doesn't give up on me, and continues to offer me these chances to shore up my weak points.
 - Hope. I am thankful for a positive outlook and hope still burns in me that I will not screw my children up, that I will not ruin everything with which I've been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment