Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Day 21 - swimming with T1 and the omni pod

The hotel we chose for vacation had a swimming pool and a hot tub. I love hot tubs, they are one of the few things that help me stay warm. Unless I'm up and moving, I stay chilled. We chose to go into the hot tub the other day, and my omni pod was due to be changed later that night. When I got out the water, my pod was beginning to fall off but the canula was still hanging in there. We got to the room and all dried off and ready for bed. I used skin-tac, band aids then by sheer luck it stayed on-for two minutes, then my leg smashed the corner of a desk and bam! Off came the pod. I placed a new one, and all was good.
 Until the next afternoon, barely 12 hours later my new pod alarmed a failure. Placed yet another one and thankfully this one is holding steady!
 For many people, going into water for long term use and are fine, others have to use skin tac or similar products and/or adhesive patches to keep the pods on when needed. I don't typically take long baths or go swimming, so I didn't remember to "pre-treat" the pod before hand, so it essentially sloughed off.
 The new pod is going strong, no alarms, no static discharge and a pod that is thankfully still pumping well-knock on wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment