Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Day 7- other health issues

Other health issues when you have T1D.
Since T1 is an autoimmune disease, it stands to reason that some of  those with one autoimmune issue have others.
Personally, I have three autoimmune issues. The biggest one is T1, next up is hypothyroidism, and the mild of the three is psoriasis.
The diabetes is treated with insulin and a healthy diet, but there is no cure. The hypothyroidism is treated with synthetic thyroid pills. I treat the skin issues with coconut oil.
Each person with autoimmune issues can have one or more things going on. Our bodies are just super nifty and go a tab bit crazy and wrongly identify perfectly functioning body parts as invaders and set out to destroy them.

I pray that my body is done goofing up the invader identification and I develop no more autoimmune diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment