Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Day 27 making something fun

Before the wonders of the internet, and the development of the online diabetes community, diabetes gear was boring and made me feel old and boring.
 After I stumbled upon the idea of decorating my gear, life got infinitely better. I started with trying to find and pretty-up different containers for my meter, painting the meter, an utilizing Pump Peelz stickers for my pumps, I changed pumps.
This opened up the world of omni pod decorating. It's been so much fun to have little bits of art decorating my skin. No two pods have looked the same I will use temporary tattoos, stickers, or craft paint, and nail polish. I let the media dry, and mod podge over it to seal it. So far, so good. The only pods I don't have now are the ones I've had to send back to insulet to figure out why they failed.
I have used nail polish to paint my meters, and the bit of glittery girly all over this boring life saving device makes this unmanageable manageable condition less crappy.
 There are so many ways to have a little fun with our medical equipment, and I appreciate the online diabetes community.

No comments:

Post a Comment