Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Day 17 - caring for yourself when you don't have the desire

This is not just a Type 1 thing, this is a thing applicable to any chronic illness.
This post was written last night, as today I am busy packing for a trip.

I am exhausted. I woke up at 5am, and was on the go until 9pm, with a brief 30 minute break at 10am.
I've managed to eat one meal today. I've ingested about 20 ounces of coffee and 10 ounces of hot tea.
My omni pod needs to be replaced. It's expired, so I have to put a new one on.  This means I must get up, grab the insulin, a new pod, my pdm, and prep it all. I have to undress to access the new site, and wait for 30 minutes after for m y pdm to do this annoying as hell alarm to check bg after a site change. This one feature drives me bonkers, but I digress.
I have done countless loads of laundry, did some prep work for my daughter's school, driven a LOT today, cleaned my kitchen, cared for animals, kids, and myself and I am just SO TIRED. My body feels heavy, I can hardly form coherent thoughts and I have had to use spell check quite a bit in this post.

I am simply done-but I can't be done.
I will get up and replace my pod. I will make sure my bloodsugar is in a safe range so I don't drop low and die tonight, I will swallow my thyroid pill, and I will set my alarm to wake up early again tomorrow because it will be another very loooooong day.
It is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment