Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Day 14- Happy 126th Birthday, Dr Frederick Banting

Today is World Diabetes Day, and is the 126th anniversary of the birth of the man who is responsible for saving my life, decades before I was born.

This article says what I can't eloquently say without plagiarizing anyone:  https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1923/banting-bio.html

Thanks to him, and all the others who worked so hard for so many years, I and millions of others who battle Type 1 are not dying from starvation and and ketoacidosis.

My day was spent driving all over, caring for my husband who had emergency dental work done this weekend yet still went to work because he was needed. I was planning on a nice long post with facts about Dr Banting but my brain is mush from being on the go for the last 12 hours straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment