Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Day 19- hotel guessing games

 When we travel, we usually use points from my husband's job to pay for rooms in a hotel. This is a huge financial blessing for us, and makes it possible to visit family far away.
 the hotels we choose tend to have complimentary breakfast choices, and sometimes those are amazingly easy for car counting, like fresh or hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and single served cereal boxes. Other times they have cinnamon rolls or other pastries, and these can be a bit tricky to calculate carb counts and bolus for.
 I try to stick to meats and proteins, eggs, bacon, and cheese are the ways to my heart, and work best for my managements. I call 'em slow burn carbs.

Going out for a meal or having food delivered is a nice  thing, and the delivery is especially nice as where we live, people don't deliver tat far out of town.
I prefer to use good ole google to find nutrition info, when possible.

We also tend to pack snacks in a cooler and I write the carbs per serving or singe unit on the bags. Big help for me and for distributing snacks to the kids on the road.

I  greatly appreciate when the hotel we choose has a minifridge in the room. I can store my perishables and my insulin without worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment