Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New blog title!

This blog has become more about my struggles with getting my health in check and less about my life with Berry and Bear.
In the way things go, the title of this little bit of my life has changed. I feel the new name more accurately represents my words here.
These last few days have been a new honeymoon with diabetes. My numbers have been amazing and I have been keeping track of each bit of food I've eaten and it helps to keep a food log. I can see  when I don't eat, when I over-indulge, and when I eat just right, how each of those things affect my numbers.

Then yesterday, we went to a Chinese buffet. I kicked ASS at guessing my carb count and didn't spike. I failed at the caloric intake and suffered mentally knowing I was over the daily allotment. Not a huge deal. I made up for it today by fasting and watching my numbers hover int he higher end of the normal range. Then dinner. BIL made dirty rice and corn muffins. I ate my fill and calculated the amount and either I failed at calculations, or I forgot to treat my already high glucose. I had spiked after eating a  pb&j and a pb fold-over. I'm unsure of what happened, but the result was a currently spiking high of 309 at last test.
I'm coming down now and really hope I don't crash.

My life is immersed in calories, kids and carbs.
The worst thing about this current phase is telling my two year old that she cannot have mommy's treats. A two year old is not quite understanding that mommy's a diabetic and if I don't keep this junk in my room for when I need it, I could drop too low and go into a coma and die.  Heavy talk for a toddler, you know?

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work. It's okay to slip now and then but keeping track and staying on track is paramount to living a healthy and longer life. I love you and I know your Daddy would be super proud also.

    ReplyDelete