Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Lazy day in ruins.

My plan was to do nothing more strenuous than feeding then animals today. That plan changed when my sister needed help. I was obligated to look human while I did responsible things. I got them done but by the time everything was done, it was mid-afternoon.
Now, it is nearly 6pm, I am reading a blog (recently found) called http://canadiandgal.blogspot.com/. The author is Scully, and she is awesome.I'm reading it in chronological order. This is something she posted back in September 2010 as part of invisible illness awareness week. I'm reviving the idea and posting my own answers.
30 Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know:
 1. The illness I live with is: Type 1 Diabetes, hypothyroidism

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2000

3. But I had symptoms since: for 6 months before my diagnosis in the year 2000

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: Giving up my dream of joining the military and

 becoming a Park Ranger 

5. Most people assume: no clue, I don't badger others about their thoughts on me

6. The hardest part about mornings are: remembering to take my levothyroxine

7. My favorite medical TV show is: Currently it's Grey's Anatomy for fiction and save My Life: 

Boston Trauma for nonfiction

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my insulin pump

9. The hardest part about nights are: falling asleep

10. Each day I take __ pills and vitamins. (No comments, please) 1

11. Regarding alternative treatments I: am not trying any

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: a curable one

13. Regarding working and career:  I have put a career on hold to raise kids

14. People would be surprised to know: I really like reading biographies and memoirs

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: the overwhelming effort it takes

 to get and stay healthy

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: have healthy kids

17. The commercials about my illness: What commercials, all they ever address is Type 2

18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is:  Dreaming about how my careers

 would go.

19. It was really hard to have to give up: not worrying about what the food I ate did to my body

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: yoga, and learning about 

hiking/backpacking

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: I don't feel abnormal, but if I didn't 

have to test my blood, I would enjoy a bike ride more

22. My illness has taught me:  that the side effects of having a high A1c can be annoying as hell. 

23. Want to know a secret? I hate it when type 2s only on pills think they truly "get" what I go through

24. But I love it when people: Treat me normally and don;t ask if I can eat anything

25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough time is:  She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the day to come. Proverbs 31:25

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: Some days are better than others, keep

 testing and don't give up

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: How awful my bloodsugars

 can make me feel

28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: Mr K took care of me

 all day. Fed me, supplied me with drinks, and did all the childcare that weekend

29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: n/a just found the blog post and figured my

 mom (my only read as far as I know)

30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Thank you, Mom. You are awesome for reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment