Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Discouraged

I am impatiently waiting for my new pump to get here. They have about 3 hours and 26 minutes until ther delivery window closes and I'm grumpy as hell.
Kids went to bed easily last night, my bg was 148 before bed. Perfect number so I didn't drop low overnight, so I thought. Little Miss woke up wet so I had to change her, clean up the mess and try to not fall over in a haze of dizziness and shaky legs. Tested before I fell asleep and I was down to 52. AYFKM? Drank an ounce of syrup, literally 30 freakin milliliters of syrup and one damned pb sandwich cracker. I went back to sleep, then tossed and turned with post-hypo-nightmares, which are a thing with me. The sound of duplo legos crashing into a plastic bin woke me in a drunken haze, I managed to slam my bedroom door shut, and lay there in a half aware state. Turned back over, felt around for my meter pouch, and tested. 370!?!?! Retest using a toe and it was 317. UGH! Bolus and I'm still high, after having coffee with barely any sugar free sweetener.
I just tested and am finally down to 81 on one meter and 84 on the other from the same drop of blood.
I am past the honeymoon phase of perfect numbers after getting my body used to actively trying to keep the D monster in check.
I've had more highs and elevated numbers followed by random lows that I fear my A1c is going to spike above ten again. I hate diabetes.

After waiting all afternoon for my pump to arrive, and then calling the company and then feeling utterly enraged by the fact that they STILL have not sent the thing out, I am having more anger induced hyperglycemic readings. I am so beyond pissed and every time I think of it, I get angry all over again. ACK!!!!!
May tomorrow bring a phone call regarding confirmation of shipping, a tracking number, and apoeace of mind that the screw up was a miscommunication rather than an outright lie by the sales rep I was previously dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment