Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday morning thoughts

Yesterday, I had plans. They were pushed aside for good reasons. I got overly irritated by them getting changed on me.
This is an underlying issue regarding my distaste for unplanned changes. I like happy surprises, but things that change my expectations seem to get under my skin. 
 For example, if Mr K and I pick a day to go out and drive around with no real destination in mind, I'm good with being spontaneous and lackadaisical. If I take a day where I hope to do two or three things, but something comes up and we have to alter those plans or not go at all, I get grumpy. This must be normal, but I feel crazy. 
 I thrive on routine, organization, and serenity. If little things change, it bugs me in a big way.
 
My health is better with routine, I feel happier when see positive results for my efforts.
Onto a different topic.
Books!
I love to read. I have loved looking at books for as long as I can recall. As soon as I learned to read, I was addicted. The only books I don't care for are the ones I am forced to read. I was odd in high school. Books like The Lord of the Flies, The Pearl, and all things Shakespeare bored me to tears. I preferred either fun fiction or heart wrenching memoirs and biographies.  I still haven't had the heart to bring myself to re-read those stories and I have a goal in my mind to do just that one day.
I had a massive personal book collection when I was younger. As I grew older and had a family, I had to reduce for space and storage reasons. That just means I get to enjoy the library more.

My next idea after hitting publish on this random nonsense is to try for a few minutes of yoga. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment