Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

What a great day!

Today was a typical Monday, and it was totally not.
I had my weekly prayer meeting AND managed to wake up in time to make it there, go me!
I actually volunteered to help serve food at a brunch my group is hosting soon. This is some scary stuff to me, but I'm trying to peek out of my comfort zone a little.
After my meeting, I took my minions to grab some snacks for later in the day. My Berry went off to school, and my Bear and I went shopping for a vacuum. That was oh so joyous. I finally picked one and brought it home but I haven't unboxed it yet. First, it's in a cardboard box, the feel of which I detest. Second, there's going to be all the crap that comes with an unboxing. There's going to be plastic bags, twisty ties, cardboard in the cardboard and likely styrofoam (gag).

Anyhow, once the Tiny Tot of Awesomeness helped me get a vacuum, we got Berry from school then went to a local conservation area for a playdate. We let the munchkins run themselves tired, plied them with snacks, then enjoyed the outdoors. It was absolutely wonderful.

The only downside to the day came when a song on my mp3 triggered some strong grief. This month is hard. I remember the day my dad had the stroke, and the day we turned off the machines. the days in between are a hellish blur. So when a song which has no connection to my father comes on and slams me with a wave of sadness, it kinda pisses me off.


No comments:

Post a Comment