Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Glucose levels fail but emotionally awesome day.

Today, My K and I celebrated our anniversary. We saw a movie, had dinner, and just spent time together. I accompanied him to the same city he worked and shopped while he worked. I fond an amazing new purse. This is huge for me. Every time I go to a thrift store or a regular retail place, I check out the bag selections. I have been using the same old go-to purse since I was a freshman in college. It's olive drab and I love it, but she is getting on in years. Well today, I went walking past the seasonal bins at in Target, you know those bins with items for $1, $3, and $5. I found this beauty:
(Image taken from internet, not the bag I bought)


It is not exactly identical as the patterning is variable but it accurately shows the new purse. This thing rocks! I love it and it fits everything I need to carry for diabetes management, and has room left over for mom-related things. Win!

After I found that gem, I wandered through the clothes. Found a nice sweater with Darth Vader on it, but I refused to get it because I don't like Vader. I prefer the rebels rather than the Empire. I'm a gal who likes the nice guys, the good guys, those on the light side. So Vader gear is not my thing. But it was a nice style and if they'd had R2D2 or C3PO, Chewie, or especially that scruffy looking nerf herder- I would be wearing it right now.

After Target, I stopped in an perused the local thrift store, and saw they's rearranged the shelving and had fewer items, so I took that as a Godly nudge that I didn't need anything there.
Once Mr K was done with work stuff, we went to see The Force Awakens again. We loved it even more the second time! After the movie, we drove into the larger city, where we had a lovely meal. Barbecue hit the spot. Overall this was the best day.
My sweet sister watched the girls for us, and it made it possible to take the day for ourselves.

My bloodsugars ran high today. This is still a learning experience for me. I used to not test regularly, and got complacent. I no longer felt highs unless they were up near 400 or above. These last few days have been amazing. I am seeing what certain foods do to my numbers.  I ate candy and popcorn and learned that I definitely and more sensitive to some candies over others.


I'm done rambling. Getting sleepy and feeling like I can't concentrate anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment