Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

"Easily treatable" BULL$#!+

I am incensed and have no where else to vent my frustration.
I just read an article written by an obviously non-type 1. If he were, then he would never use the phrase "easily treatable" to describe diabetes.
A little girl in Tennessee just died due to a late diagnosis of T1D, and she died from ketoacidosis. It's fucking horrible and my heart goes out to her family.
My irritation has naught to do with her. It has to do with the poor word choice by the reporter. If I were able to eloquently put into words a way to inform the reporter that diabetes may have a commonly know treatment but that it is different than being treated easily, then I would. I just can't do that right now, and I don't want to go all diabadass bitch on someone who likely has his heart in the right place but is simply ignorant without sounding like a curt rude asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment