Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

New pump, new name

I need a name for my new pump. She's a silver Animas Ping!
I decided to look at a brief history of advancements in diabetes management. I took note of Doctor Priscilla White. She was a crucial part of the Joslin Center. She worked with pregnant women who had diabetes. She made a great impact, and I think she increased the fetal survival rate from 56% to 97% after she began. I feel immeasurably thankful for her pioneering work. She is one of the reasons that I am a mother today. Without her work, I don't want to imagine what would have happened to me and my babies.
So, after learning just a little bit of this doctor's history, I feel like I ought to name my new pump Priscilla. She may be known henceforth as Prissy, Miss Priss, or any odd bastardization of the name.
My meter needs a name as well.  Since Dr White worked with Dr Elliott Joslin, I think my meter will get the name of Elle, Ellie, Josie, or Ell. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment