Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tangential ramblings

Today wasn't so bad, at first. I wasn't all that hungry, until I started smelling the ham cooking in the oven around mid-day.  I managed to start  a slow descent into a low from lack of food, that's when I went to grab a bite. Suddenly I hear a small crashing sound come from my bedroom. I rush in expecting to see a cat or a kid near a broken window or mirror. No, it was my vase of rocks. Thankfully nobody was hurt but I had this beautiful glass vase that held a small collection of some of my rocks. It was initially bought as part of an amaryllis gift for my mom when I was in college, if I recall correctly. The bulb thrived and was transplanted and the vase was placed in the kitchen, and held glass craft beads for awhile. Somehow it shifted; it sort of migrated with me when I moved across the country. I loved that vase. It was a gift back to me from my mom, and the rocks it held were ones I collected in my childhood. I walked into my bedroom to see Berrygirl standing to the side of the mess, tears streaming down her face saying "I'm sorry Mommy" She was feeling guilty already and when she knows she messed up, she WAILS hard until she is directed to stop crying, take deep breaths and calm down. I'm beyond thankful that she is fine, that is was "only" a broken vase and not worse.
Apparently she disobeyed and broken some rules which led to the breaking of my vase. An aside- we have the same rules in my home as my parents had when I was growing up. You do not enter the parents' bedroom without knocking -or asking permission first, if no parent is in the room. We have breakable things, and private things, and secret hiding spots for certain holidays; there are more reasons, but suffice it to say, this is a rule she knowingly broke.
 Berry asked to use a toy I have put up and out of easy reach due to many small pieces. I told her no, not now. She chose to try to get the toy anyway. She climbed onto a laundry basket full of clean clothes and grabbed a shelf. In doing so, she hit my dresser and knocked the vase and rocks to the floor. Insert very sad face.

Once she took her punishment like a big girl (restrictions in place for certain toys), we settled in for an afternoon of movie watching.
The kids played and we watched San Andreas, after a break for food, we sat down to watch The Good Dinosaur. The kid film was way better than I expected. I had zero interest in paying to see it but my sister rented it for all the kids, so I was game. The girls fell asleep, but liked what they saw of it. I would likely rent it myself if they showed interest in seeing it in full.

My numbers were decent, and it was an amazingly relaxing day.
My family down south are all okay but they have friends and extended family impacted by the flooding in Louisiana.

On a betic note, i spoke with my rep at Animas and really look forward to finally picking a color for my new ping. I have been anti pink for a long time. Once I became pregnant with Berry, I started HATING pink. I went as far as never buying a pink outfit, or anything with more than an accent with pink was donated to the thrift store. I eased up a lot when she started showing a preference for colors and then all hope was lost once she started preschool. CareBear (formerly BabyBear) is like Berry's shadow and mimic and therefore loves pink as well.  Now I am starting to not hate the color and have *gasp* bought myself a pink shirt. Granted the pink purchase was out of pure necessity (forgot to pack more than two shirts for a week at the in-laws' houses). ALL that said, my choices for my new pump are among: black, silver, green, blue, or pink. They also offer silicone skins in a variety of colors. I'm nearly evenly split between versatile silver and pretty pink. What the ever loving hell is wrong with me that I am entertaining the thought of four years with a PINK fracking pump!? Ack! those thoughts are why I am torn between the final two colors.
One cool thing I am planning to do is order a variety of infusion set colors.
I will get two boxes each of green and pink to start with, and go from there.
I need some sleep. It's 3 am and I have Mass to attend in the morning! This may not go well for being conscious while dressing in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment