Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2016

I've been binge reading today.

So I found that blog I posted about previously.  I checked out the blogger's profile which led me to the blogs she followed. I've been skimming through that list. More and more I am seeing blogs written by moms of type 1s. These are little kids with T1 I was 15 when I was diagnosed. That was hard enough to be in high school and already trying to get lost in the crowd when suddenly I am thrust into the world of medically different.
These kids, one was a toddler! I am a mom now and would gladly live every day having to inject and test every 15 minutes without sleep than see my children diagnosed with this evil bastard. As "my" disease, I got this. I can make this bastard my bitch and reign it in. The idea of my children having it? That terrifies me in a visceral way. Just the thought makes me want to go sneak over to them while they sleep and test their blood.

I despise diabetes, what it has done to me because I let it, what it has changed in my life and how it has screwed with my mental clarity. I also thank God for my life because I believe He has a plan for me and led me through all this to get me to where I am today.  I simply pray, hope, and have faith that my girls are okay and will never be subject to being type 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment