Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

For the first time in FOREVER!

My numbers have been great!
I decided that keeping track of my carbs wasn't enough. I dedicated my energies to counting calories and carbs today. I tested before eating EVERYTHING! It worked!
I managed to keep my numbers normal all day until just a few minutes ago when it spiked to 205. I didn't weigh the exact amount of rice cakes, and was off on my estimation and my blood went high. Lesson learned.
Tomorrow is a new day and another chance to make it better.
Back to today. I am below 1800 calories. That is my goal. It's a number I saw on my hospital caloric restrictions when I was admitted as a teen. They automatically lumped me in with the Type 2s and restricted my intake. That is another story for another day.
Well, their magical number was 1800, so that was my goal today.
Since the new year began I've put on 8 pounds. This is a common and known side effect of proper insulin usage. It causes weight gain. My blood glucose being in a healthy range means my body is utilizing the food I eat, rather than my body burning through its fat stores.  The result being my body is able to hold onto and rebuild those fat stores. This also means I need to watch what sorts of fats I eat and reduce the amount of empty calories. No more binge snacking on cheese. That's out. Healthy diabetes friendly food. Clean eating is my goal for now. I do not have the answers, I am going with my gut here.
Healthy life means hard work in application and not just theoretical knowledge. I have to put forth the effort, I need to keep track of everything, I have to test my blood, and I need to record it all in a logbook. It means that when I feel like I am going low, I need to STOP what I'm doing and treat it then and there, not wait until I'm loopy can't verbalize my needs. It means that when I eat, I must eat it all and not share a bite with my kids.
I have had three eye surgeries int he last two years because of my own denial and laziness. I do not want to have any more body parts removed. My own lenses were ENOUGH. I do not wish to part with and fingers, toes, or extremities, not organs nor my life. I'm 31 and have the complications beginning that I was warned about over half my life ago.
I'm done rambling for now. Aside from one bad reading, today was a raging success to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment