Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Birthday, done right.

I was naughty today. This was my birthday redo. I have a new bank card and replacement driving license on the way, thanks to my klutzy self. Mr K treated me to dinner at our local barbecue joint where we both savored brisket and some amazing sides. We followed up dinner with a stop at the local grocery store. They had one dollar/ounce bottles. I grabbed a caffeine free diet soda and have had my allotted drinks. Now I am sitting, surfing the web, and trying to find healthy lunch ideas to help my sweet husband have interesting meals instead of the same boring few.
 My best birthday gift was a hand drawn card from my Berry Girl. That amazing girl just melts my heart. The next best was Mr. K willingly taking me out for a meal even though he would rather have stayed home to rest, as he is sick.
 Tonight, it is Friday and I am happily home in bed by 9pm, with my best friend at my side.  This is the best type of Friday night in the winter. In more temperate weather, we plan to be outside at the fire pit or even sitting at a campfire.
 Keep in mind, I am an atypical person. I was never into partying or large crowds, ever. I didn't party in high school or college, I didn't go clubbing in my twenties, or whatever the heck it is called today. I stayed home to read and do family stuff and work on my hobbies- from the time I was a small child until now. This sort of evening has always been my ideal. For those with a more outgoing lifestyle and personality, this might not work so well. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment