Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

A new hobby?

I get something from my mom, and I love it.
As a child, I noticed my mom would get on "kicks" as I call them. She would find a hobby and go at it full force for a while, then taper off, keep the supplies for the hobby, and move on to another one. She had a cycle of them and every few months would move on.
I am the same way. I have my hobbies. I love: to read; being outdoors in nicer weather (not below freezing nor above ninety degrees Fahrenheit); gardening and seeing things I plant and nurture grow to produce fruit or flowers, even though my thumb is in the tan shades rather than a vibrant green; crafting; building with Legos; jigsaw puzzles; and exploring.
My newest fancies are day hiking, camping, and exploring the local state parks. When something new piques my interest, it's time to learn about it. I read voraciously, ask people for personal experiences, look up "hacks/tips" and I prepare myself for following through.
Some things don't pan out but others are wins. I'm praying for peace and guidance on family camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment