Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Help! I need somebody....

Not exactly but I do love the Beatles.
   I need patience. When it was just the Berry girl and I here at home, it was so very easy. I wasn't outnumbered, I had enough in me to set her in a safe place and go take a two minute breather if things got to be too intense. It felt like I had life mostly under control.
   Then Bear came along. Even in my pregnancy with her, I was the embodiment of emotional overload. That chocolate bar I had craved and eaten was already gone? Beware, let loose the waterworks and stand back while insane woman rages over the injustices of a chocolate treat gone too soon. And even now, when Bear is edging closer to the four month old mark, I am still overly emotional.

   I lose my cool and my temper way too often. Things with Berry get out of hand and she is sent to her room so *I* can have a time out while Bear is vocalizing her extreme displeasure at being anywhere other than my arms.
   These occurrences are not constant but they happen too often. I feel like the world's biggest failure when I make my toddler cry because I don't have patience with her, or when I have let my infant scream because I let things get to me that probably shouldn't matter that much and she feeds off my tension and screams more instead of calming down. I am trying to find a balance between raising children who listen to me and who have the confidence to try new things; and letting them explore while having them trust me to be there when they fall.

   If you have a moment, can you pray for me please? I'm trying to have more patience and I need all the help I can get.
 

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you!. Patience is hard to come by and we could all use a little help hanging onto it!

    ReplyDelete