Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 days, days 6 and 7

   As I sit here, Thomas the Train is softly chatting in the background, and Berry is finding a shirt to wear I didn't want to put one on her first thing this morning; after discovered she had wet through her diaper and needed a bath then breakfast and *then* she could be clothed. Bear is blissfully sleeping to the soothing tones of the Rainforest swing. Heck I'll be back later, I'm going to clean.
I'm back. Sorry it was too awesome to have happy and quiet offspring to just sit here, so I cleaned up the kitchen. I'm now awaiting an awesome friend to come over so we can make a northern style jambalaya. It's northern style because we don't have Bryan Smoky Hollow Cajun Sausage up here in the Midwest, so we are substituting Polish sausage and hoping for the best.
   After reading a fun blog post about using a stand mixer in a science experiment while teaching her children, I now want one. I want either espresso brown or bright red. However, we don't have a spare 300-500 dollars laying around so I have to rely on my trusty hand held mixer. for now.


This was started yesterday. Then my friend showed up and didn't leave til after 2, when her designated ride showed up as none of us were sober enough for driving at all.
I awoke early to bright sunlight in my eyes, my Mr K's voice telling me the coffee was brewing, and rain. yes, rain. It lasted approximately 45 seconds and upped the humidity to 980000000%. Yay.
Alas, I got up and decided it was time to run to the store for a cheap stand mixer which had the "sure, honey" from the Mister. Suh-weet! Well, on the way to the store, my van started acting up and i had to swing by previously mentioned friend's place to pick her up to get her car from our house. Once we got to the store, no mixer was in stock. Drat. I picked up the heavy cream, and we came back here. Friend left, and I made butter with the Berry. All in all, it was a fun morning.
Day 6 picture:

Day 7 picture:  Top is butter, middle is whipped cream, and bottom is buttermilk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment