Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Good Time

I awoke to the screaming demand of my child for her soothie. The Mister was downstairs starting laundry, and the babe wanted out. I gave her the soothie, and crawled back into bed. She went back to sleep. All was well. I dozed for a few more minutes, just long enough to gather my wits and be able to move without stumbling around. The husband and I enjoyed our coffee while the wee one played with her toys. Boog had her lunch then went down for her afternoon nap. We went outside and worked (don't worry, we had her monitor on and could hear her if need be). There's a storm creek next to my home, and our neighbors to the south had a tree limb lying in the creek. After two weeks, no progress was made, so we took the wood after trimming the limbs and stacked it for fall firewood. (This was not theft. The neighbors had already taken the firewood they wanted and left the rest for the city to clean up.)
On and off today we worked outside chopping the wood into manageable sized lengths and stacked it. Tomorrow I get to work on the wood given to us from another neighbor. We will have so much this fall for our outdoor burn sessions. yay,
At the day's end, we went to a local ice cream place that sells handmade soft serve and got some lemon and raspberry flavored stuff. Yum!
Now it is bedtime for the Boog and we so need to get her down. I'm off to feed my Tyrant and tuck her in afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment