Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rant ahead- you were warned.

TLC has a new show about gypsies. Normally I am all about live and let live, there is rarely a family lifestyle or type that I'll even bat an eyelash towards. However, one thing really sets me off.
When people let/encourage/force underage age girls to have spray tans, wear things that show more skin than have actual cloth, and dance like they have something to offer sickens me. This includes the gypsy lifestyle, the parents who have their kids wear makeup and hairspray and ten pounds of cloth for pageants, and those who think it's okay to encourage the attitude of entitlement.
The gypsies are known as travellers, they have a high moral mindset, yet dress like sluts. When the males are only allowed to approach females and impose themselves on the females in a forceful manner, demanding a kiss or some other sign of affection, it seems so off.
Oppulence bothers me, as it seems just wasteful in many cases. What bothers me more, and gets me riled up, is when children are sexualized. A young child of age 6 or so does not have a sexy body, should not be wearing glitter and makeup and showing off breast buds in training for being a sexy 14 year old wearing tassles and shaking her breasts and butt.
I am all for when someone is legal, age 18 in my country, to be as sexy and free and open as they want, but not children! If you want to shroud your body in a burka and be a homebody or strip for a living because you have a great body and feel confident enough to show it off, great! Do what you want when you're legal! I don't care if you want no kids, you want only to adopt, or you want to give birth to 20 kids, go for it. For the love of all the bunny farts in the world, people: don't dress your child, pre-teen or let your 15 year old dress like she belongs on a street corner in a red light district.
You get my idea. Expressing yourself is truly awesome but it can be done without making little girls and even little boys sexualized beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment