Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crafts- HA! I'm dreaming.

I have this dream. One day I'd love to have a home big enough to have a room dedicated to crafts. All things ranging from cross-stitching, sewing/quilting to model cars/scrap-booking. I love these types of things, even though I am no good, and wish to eventually have a room so that I can light a candle or open a window, settle in with a mug of something hot or glass of something iced and go into my own little world while I attempt to create something.
This room would have a great table for all manner of crafting, two or comfy rolling chairs and two reading chairs. Those oversized chairs that can almost fit two people in it. They would each have their own ottoman with storage in which to keep warm blankets. To fit all this, I would need either an open floor plan attic, or a walk out basement.

In keeping with laughing at my lame attempts to craft, it would be a must to have a wall for tacking up ideas. Putting up a huge section of cork board, surrounded by trim sounds just fun an insane enough to give a go. I would have a small stereo system or hook-up thingy for my music player.

There are many, many things I would have set up here. A wall full of open and closed shelving, built-ins because if any of my children are anything like me,  they'll be climbing anything that will hold them, would have a large number of books and also hold cute craft things that have not been too embarassign to put on display.
The colors would be soft and soothing, with earthy tones and floral colors, like greens, oranges, lavender, tans, etc, all in the accents, but the walls would be very neitral, either white or off-white.

The only thing missing now is the things that my sweet loving mother would add to the room, because in this dream, Mom chooses to live with us for a few months of the year, when the weather at home for her is not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment