Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Booger's surgery is scheduled.

We went to a doctor an hour and a half away this afternoon for a second opinion for our tyrant. It went well and kind of as expected and then definitely not as expected. Her doc confirmed the diagnosis of right sided diaphragmatic hernia (the "as expected part") and had no idea why the initial diagnosing surgeon would want to wait and when I repeated his reasoning the second doc basically thought it was an invalid reason but was quite professional in his way of saying so.  he went on to say that he recommends getting a surgery scheduled and the repair surgery done in the next few weeks. I called the mister and we spoke and decided to go ahead with scheduling the pre-op appointment. I was still in the clinic area, and went back in to ask the nurses at the check out desk how to go about it and they paged one of the necessary staff to assist me. We wound up doing to pre-op stuff today and got the surgery slated for Monday. As most hospitals try to schedule the youngest patients first, A may get in first thing Monday morning depending on the age of the other person slated for surgery Monday morning. So, Mommy, Daddy and Baby Boog get to have an adventure Monday morning. My guess is: we will be getting up at 3 to prepare, getting on the road for 5 so we can be at the clinic for no later than 6:30 (depending upon traffic) and will get settled as we wait for our girl to get
I will let y'all know more as we know more. (Ah who am I kidding, I think I have about as many readers as Robin Scherbatsky has viewers on How I Met Your Mother (minus the drinking gamers).

No comments:

Post a Comment