Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

How we came to this life

I was a born and bred Southern girl, and grew up where hurricanes are common and seafood is cheaper than pork. Parental influence helped me develop a love of reading very early and it continued on long into adulthood. My mother directed me to an online book club and I subsequently met my future brother-in-law.
He introduced me to Mr. K., we talked over the Internet, then on the phone, and finally we met in person. It was a very fast romance. I moved 16 hours north within the week, we became engaged a month later and married the month after that. Just after our one year wedding anniversary, we found out we were expecting our first rug-rat.
Mr. K. was born in the far north of the continental US, where he lived until he joined the military right out of high school. He served 6 years then left to pursue a civilian life and moved around the Midwest a few times before settling in our current home.
It has now been two years and four months since moving here. My how my life has changed! I love it, despite all the roller coaster events we've been through since A was born.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you have been there over two years already. Wow. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete