Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was a good, quiet day.
   I was smacked, kicked, beaned in the head, sneezed on, coughed on, screamed at, cuddled with, kissed, smiled at, and hugged, all before 5pm. I love being a mother.
After A had her busy day of terrorizing our home and myself along with the dogs and cat, she loudly squealed "DADDY!!!" as he walked in the front door. He told our sweet girl "Give this to Mommy!" I heard a rustling of a grocery sack then the slapping of feet as she ran towards out kitchen. I get to the gate to discover a bright red envelope held outstretched towards me, a big grin on my little girl's face. I told her thank you and took the card. I opened it to read a funny message form my husband and giggled. As he stepped over the gate to unload his lunchbox from the day, I gave him a warm hug and a thank you kiss. He surprised me with a large pack of Reese's Cups. My husband knows what to get me, what can I say?

   I was about the check dinner, so I playfully made the excuse of my ever expanding belly being in the way, and asked him to get the pan out the oven for me. He did then checked the chicken I was baking inside. It wasn't done yet. Drat! I put the bird in for another hour, finished up the side dish, and K surprised me again with an offer to get frozen yogurt. Awwwww. The man spent all day at work and on week nights he only wants to rest, not drive into town for anything. He prefers comfy clothes, a beer, and dinner. Dinner wasn't ready and we had been dying to try out our favorite frozen yogurt place at their new location, so off we went. It was delicious! As we were leaving, I spied warm brownies and a display of chips. We got them both and came home to the fully cooked bird. After a bit, we had dinner and some family time. We put the Tyrant to bed and watched some Friends on dvd. As soon as K began snoozing, it was bedtime.

   As soon as we were in bed, my sweet husband was asleep. I tossed and turned and gave up on sleep. My incubating fetus had decided to wake up and proceeded to do a one-person version of the summer Olympics in my uterus, thereby rendering me sleepless. It's all good, I caught up on my shows I had missed the night before. As one am arrived, I had had enough and told my baby to be I was done and going to sleep whether or not they wanted me to do so.
   It was a great day with my family, depsite the seeming abuse from my toddler and my baby to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment