Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Taking breaks?

Some days I feel like I need an evening break. Just a small break where I can sit and read, sip a warm drink, and relax for an hour without guilt.
Mr K is amazing. If I need time to myself, he gladly goes solo on parenting the Tyrant so I can rest, but the guilt is there. It feels like I am being selfish by being alone in our room while my sweet girl is is playing with her daddy and every few minutes saying "mommy"  amidst her toddler babble or directly calling for me in such a lonely sad voice. I don't get it, K is on the floor playing cars, dolls, or reading to her, and she still calls for me. She knows I am in the house, as she doesn't do it when I go to run errands and she doesn't do it when K is at work.

How am I supposed to relax for a little bit when I feel extreme guilt for taking time alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment