Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Things that I just don't understand:

I don't get why dance proposals are a thing. If I'd had a boy ask me to a dance by dropping on one knee I'd have laughed. In my old fashioned fuddy-dud opinion, dropping down on one knee ought to be saved for a marriage proposal. Normally I am all about no judgement but these things make me shake my head in bafflement.

I don't get why some parents choose to knowingly waste food. If you know your toddler is a picky eater, give them a tiny portion. If they toss that on the floor, then they can be done until they are actually ready to eat. Why do they cut up an entire adult sized portion and serve it to the kid who is known to taste one bite then proceed to toss every crap of food onto the floor? It creates more work for the parent, teaches the kid it's okay to throw food around, and is wasteful. I know, I know, just like I tell my kids "different families have different rules" and all that but intentional food wasting was drilled into me all my childhood as being a very bad thing.

I don't understand people who like high heels. I'm on the short side, and I have long ago accepted that fact. I don't own stilettos and think maybe I have one pair of heels from a decade ago that I keep 'just in case' so my chosen footwear includes tennis shoes, slippers, dressy flats, and comfy boots. I will not wear shoes that hurt my feet and then claim that beauty comes at a price or some other vanity nonsense.

Why do so many people not understand that giving an unwanted opinion on food is rude? Granted on any subject it can me rude, and this post definitely is chock full of unwanted opinions, but I do NOT go up to people in person or on social media and tell them that their *insert thing liked by person* is *negative adjective.* I was recently asked about on of my interests and the person then proceeded to exclaim the bizarre and stupid things about it. Dude, seriously, did your parents never teach you social skills??

I don't understand the fascination with zombies, and especially am baffled by those who think they can really happen.

I don't understand racism. Hating a group of people because of skin color???? Just why.....

I don't understand the fascination with tattoos, I don't have any, but have thought about getting a medical alert tattoo, and decided to not get one because I am simply not interested. I have more family members with them than without them, but I still don't see the appeal. Yes, they're pretty, and they have meanings but I just don't have the desire for one. All you tattooed people, have at it and keep enjoying.

These are a few things that I simply do not get. I am doing my best to not judge others and I hold my tongue and my typing if  I see them. I will not jump into a conversation and tell someone how much what they enjoy pisses me off, is stupid, or petty. It's not my thing. So I come here, I state how I feel in my own little ignored corner of the internet and vent. I don't judge the people who get and like the things that I don't. I don't consider them less intelligent, less deserving of kindness and compassion, less worthy, any of that. I don't think of them as dumb or childish. I consider them to have different interests that are just as valid as my own even if i don't like the same things.






No comments:

Post a Comment