Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Finding peace

Things are changing in my little bubble. I used to not be able to see a neighbor's home unless it was the dead of winter and all greenery was gone. I could just make out their home through the trees. This summer, we got new neighbors. The empty field across the street is now occupied by a home, a huge garage and people. This is not good news. I have tried diligently to accept this new reality, this noise invasion of my tranquil wooded home. It is exceedingly difficult when they are still adding bits and pieces to complete their home. They use a bobcat at all hours of the day and it drives me bonkers.
I am very sensory driven. Numerous sounds grate on my nerves. Heavy machinery is the top of that list of noises. Finding peace with heavy diesel engine sounds is not my strong suit. I am praying a lot more, especially for patience and peace.

I've begun praying with my rosary and it helps. It is soothing like nothing else. I am thankful for Mary's intercession on my behalf.
Having unkind thoughts and considering the new people inconsiderate is not okay. I need to pray more for patience and peace until my gut reaction to their noise is one of kindness. I want to be able to hear them and be happy that they have a new home, not be angry and irritated at their existence

No comments:

Post a Comment